eighty.four.


“Style is the answer to everything.
A fresh way to approach a dull or dangerous thing
To do a dull thing with style is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without it
To do a dangerous thing with style is what I call art

Bullfighting can be an art
Boxing can be an art
Loving can be an art
Opening a can of sardines can be an art

Not many have style
Not many can keep style
I have seen dogs with more style than men,
although not many dogs have style.
Cats have it with abundance.

When Hemingway put his brains to the wall with a shotgun,
that was style.
Or sometimes people give you style
Joan of Arc had style
John the Baptist
Jesus
Socrates
Caesar
García Lorca.

I have met men in jail with style.
I have met more men in jail with style than men out of jail.
Style is the difference, a way of doing, a way of being done.
Six herons standing quietly in a pool of water,
or you, naked, walking out of the bathroom without seeing me.”
― Charles Bukowski

on a day like today i was able to sleep in. i was able to not worry with being in a hurry and i could just be. i know that there was so much going on in california, but for now, for me… being along in a quiet room is where i really love to be. i talk with michelle and tupper for awhile this morning, i like hearing their voices… just talking about nonsense and also how to achieve our goals. i needed to just feel that reacquainted reassuring feeling of friendship. i ate a light breakfast and drank coffee and wrote on the porch. the breeze was a bit chilly, but the sun kept me warm and tanned my skin. between laundry loads i laid on the porch, absorbing the sunlight and changing my skin color. i spent some time reading up on stella & dot, trying to become acquainted to the setting and how to get this trunk show on the road. i was thankful to be able to talk to amanda for awhile today. she is a great mentor and role model for me to have in my life. she is just always really happy, colorful and hopeful of all situations. something about this girl.. she said the same thing about me… "you are like a drug". i think i know that feeling. jazz was the soundtrack for my afternoon of studying and spending money.. online. i ordered just a few more things for my show and then went shopping with ali. we had a few errands to run… haven't been to cosmo prof in awhile, but i was let down when they didn't have the nail polish i wanted. then to micheals… to get art supples. I'm really excited about this project… my favorite thing is a blank canvas. it was nice to see the moon this evening… we finished our shopping at whole foods, getting a few groceries for the week. we both got our juice and then back to the car where sydney was crying and waiting for us. her emotional dog gives me anxiety, i just don't understand why he cries all the time. he honestly drives me crazy, and the last thing i need to be worrying with is a dog. but ali loves him, so they will keep him around a bit longer. 
it is funny how i forget a lot of the details of the day,… it is just that currently they don't seem so important, but I'm positive that i will want them later.
making a lovely salad and soup for dinner, i sat down and watched the documentary enlighten up… where nick was searching for some kind of spiritual awaking from a six month immersion process. i know that i want this process, i know that i need to have that … sense of breaking down and trying to ask why and understand. i enjoyed learning and listening to the different gurus speak on what yoga is… 
it is all so intriguing to me… but i know that intelligent challenging people do exist, they are just quiet. 
i texted austin earlier in the day wishing his time well and suggesting that we see each other soon. about twelve hours later i heard from him… this boy. 
i spent some more time working on stella & dot and then i just can't do this day anymore. I'm ready for sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment