one.hundred.forty.


Tuesday 

I slept in later than I intended, but woke up just in time to check the yoga schedule and see that Darren was teaching today. I debating laying in bed, but this would be my last class with him for ever possibly... So I decided to get up and get ready. It only took me a few minutes and I was out the door. It was a beautiful sunny day out and I was thankful that I got out of bed for the day. As usual I was the only one who came to class.. And I realized I had forgotten my mat. Luckily they had mats I could borrow, I choose a thick brown mat ... When I unrolled it, to my surprise it had electric blue flowers on the bottom corner. I love the mat and thought about if I could buy it from the studio, but I let that thought pass. I talked to him about my shoulder and he said he had to skip last week because he was very sick. Seems we were both struggling a week ago. He decided to take it slow for the class.. Focusing on the movements and breath, paying close attention to each posture. His assistance is the next part. He pushes me to the next level, once it hurt so bad I had to give in.. But after that initial moment, I was able to push through the remainder of the class with out much pain. I knew that I could push my body hard, it needed it. The sweat was dripping down my face and I knew that I looked a mess as usual. It was a good class, I discover a few things about myself. He said that I had amazing control of my movements and breath. I was working really hard to focus, even with all the thoughts bouncing around in my head. We chatted after class and I reminded him that I would be leaving for a few weeks and it might be our last class. I thanked him... I told him that he was one of the only yoga teaches so far on this side of the country that really challenged me. I must say.. I really liked how when I was in twisting poses, he would have me push against him... And how he would massage my back while in certain poses. It was a nice touch.  
We said our good byes and I was off. The day had warmed up and my bike ride home was quick. I heated up the leftovers from the night before, since all of my food was gone. I spent some time catching up with clients from home. Answering emails and scheduling appointments. I also had a lot of laundry to catch up on and the washer is broken so you have to turn the nozzle for each time. I kept forgetting and letting the laundry just keep washing. I laid out on the deck for awhile to try and get some sun before I go home.. To all the pretty tan girls. I was able to relax for alittle while and get some more writing done. I texted gabriel and he sent me a picture of himself soaking wet from sweat.. About to shower. I was nervous and didn't click on the photo until later in the afternoon. He has a stellar body and it made me nervous. It was weird in a way.. A boy has never done that before, but he is a photographer.
It is market food day with my Ali cat and I walk to her house. Ian had just gotten home and Sydney was running around, freaking out. We drove to the market and made it quick, getting the usual fruit, avocados, granola, salsa and of course cake balls! Then off to ulta and whole foods. I love our shopping trips together.. Our time together in general. All day I had been contemplating texting gabriel to see if he could hang out... I debated just leaving it alone, but Ali advised me to just put it out there. I mean.. What do I have to lose. We like each other and our constant communication is important in the beginning. Ali and I were so distracted at whole foods.. Like we had lost motivation. I just stood in the produce section looking around, almost lost. I felt overwhelmed and hungry and I knew that I couldn't afford much food. I'm leaving in a week so I wanted to be cautious to not purchase too much. We made it out of there with the cheapest amount of groceries yet.. Only fifty dollars. The older gentleman checking us out complimented our selection of food "very healthy". He said that is why he chose to work there.
I went home and unpacked, ate a snack and did my usual night routine. I was tired and stared to think about packing and leaving... I spent some texting gabriel, not much... Just little things, then fell asleep with my laptop and all the lights on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment