one.hundred.thirty.nine.


I wake up to a text from alex at home... Miss you. It's the small moments that make me smile and knowing that first thing this morning... Or maybe even after a night of no sleep from the hound dog show at goombays... He was thinking of me.
I put this day off.. For a few days. So I'll leave out the boring details. 
I had two men's cuts that came in first thing, good timing. The first guy was good, but he told me horror stories about his past haircuts.. And he now understands now how to appreciate a good stylist. He reminded me of a few of the boys at home... The type that are good looking, go to NC state and know how to sail a boat. Our conversation was good.. And he liked his haircut. I was glad, the catch is... I'm leaving for a few weeks. The next guy caught me off guard and immediately complimented my "back to the future" t-shirt. Well... that is exactly where I am going. He laughed. I'm impressed he saw the shirt from under my black cutting apron. He was a character, a teacher of fiction writing, makes sense. He was really amused by London and I, said some clever things that I wish we would've written down immediately. But I didn't, instead I gave him a good haircut and some entertainment.
The rest of my day i wanted to leave it up to getting writing done. I talked with London some. I enjoy our new space together. He is trying to figure out what is next for his life... The end of The Loft is not the end of us, we must remember this. We agree to put his dreads back in, he wanted it done before I leave and im trying to not put things off this time, or I'll have to pass up on what I really want  to doing...
I sat out on the deck and was able to write. I keep putting my days off ... For days. Then I forget things... Have to re-live them in my head to remember. London came outside to read beside me.. But he couldn't, said it was a hammock nap kinda day.  When he went inside, I fell asleep sitting in the chair. It was hard on my neck, as it was hard to stay asleep comfortably.  I had a few moments to wake up and write some more before Shannon came outside to tell me that it was her last day. I could tell that something was bothering her.. She started crying and I hugged her. It's a hard move and when you have worked somewhere for a long amount of time it is always upsetting to leave. It's mainly the people that you miss. It's never the job... But I think the change will be good for her. She needs a change and the negativity at the salon can finally subside. 
I came inside for a minute to see what was going on.. Not much. I went back out to the porch for hours to finish my work. It took hours, but I was finally caught up. Just in time for my late night color client. It caught me off guard because I didn't realize I was going to be doing a color. I did it the hard way too... I could've cut out an hour of time.. But I went the long way this time. I'll see if the color holds up. She had just moved to Cali over a year ago from Puerto Rico. It was fun that we were able to connect on that level first thing. She was highly amused by me.. And we had similar boy stories. I'm assuming that she is in her early thirties... She surfs and is beautiful. She is a also friends the trumpet player from SOJA ----
So here we go... I'm going to finish this day. It gets late fast, but it is nice the sun doesn't set until around nine o'clock. London waits until I was done and we walk to cafe neo. It was such a lovely evening... Everyone was sitting outside. I wanted to be out doors too..we sat down at a nice spot by the wall. I was really thankful for this meal. We are so funny and bizarre together.. You would think we were a married couple that had been together for years. I looked through all the choices.. And went with chicken, spinach, feta and vegetables. It was good, sort of bland... But that is how Mediterranean food is prepared. Adding just a little bit of salt and pepper makes a big difference. Our waiter was taking a long time to help us... We get restless sitting still too long. I was getting anxious because of how late it was getting and I had so much work to do. I had been thinking about Gabriel all day... Just simple day dreams. I checked my phone while London was getting the check. I was so excited to see his comment... Art and drinking night... I want to be there with him. I like to day dream about our time together working on art projects. I blushed and text him a few things.. 
London and I began his dreading process around eleven o'clock... Listening to jazz beats and looking at fashion that I had tagged on Pinterest and saved on my iPad. He liked the stuff, I've been working hard at getting ideas together and finding things that are timeless that we could one day create. He flipped through the rest of my photos and I could see that he was intrigued. He stopped to read a message that Harry had sent me, I took a picture of it because I was so excited I guess I wanted to save that moment. Then he flipped too far and stumbled upon a picture of me naked... Just my back. I was taking pictures with my iPad of a hairstyle that I liked. He laughed and turned it off... "You have a very nice body mama". I giggled. I was on a good movement through his hair, I finished up around two in the morning. After a lot of tea and just a few minutes of break to rest my cuticles.. He was dozing off into sleep. I wasn't that happy with the outcome this time.. I felt too tired to be as picky. I hope he liked how I did it, hairstylist are so very critical of each others work.
I texted Gabriel that my fingers hurt... Actually my entire body was achy. He said really nice things to me.. One day I will have him run me and bath and rub my feet. I biked home pretty quickly and then needed to wind down for a bit before falling asleep. I stayed up texting him, our constant chatter. I could get used to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment