seventy.six.


it was a struggle to wake up this morning. it was cold and cloudy out… this monday is my friday and i am absolutely exhausted.  i managed to make my day more exciting by creating clothes to match. I'm in love with my "sneaker shoes" and crazy pattern black and white leggings, big baggy green free people sweater… oh and my black sunglass tank. both pieces from shows.. if only i could go to them more… but i enjoyed the reminder. running late because i got distracted and i had to run back inside to grab a plastic bag for my bicycle. the seat was wet from the rain… cloudy day outside, but it was a reminder as well. the ride was quick, i knew i  was late. i like mondays, i like the people that aren't there, its very quiet. trish and london, everyone else called out. I'm excited that i have a client at ten thirty… i hurry and eat, make tea and straighten up. she changes to eleven thirty, even better… now i can chat. sitting downstairs with london and trish… i have a bit of word vomit. "this place i holding us back"… he couldn't believe i just said that … i  couldn't help it, its not true really. this place is what so quickly created me… but the attitude of the current state of the salon is exhausting, i suppose its what i miss. i don't want to leave it, i want to see how it all pans out. 
meggie is her name, she is a beautiful girl with curly hair. i know this type of hair, and throughout the appointment, i really enjoyed her company. she is a yogi… and an art therapist. these are the people that will help this world become a better place, i want to help them as much as possible. 
the day continued on and i have another walk in… after summer got there. she is dressed adorable, i like her happy energy… the client wants the side of her head shaved, like Rihanna. she is s stunning girl, going to school for fashion design. how cool… i do my best with the cut, but i don't think my clippers are high enough quality and that is why my cuts are just bit off. i adore shannons cutting style with mens cuts. but the girl is happy.. i do laundry and read on the internet about blog carnivals… submit a few entries. maybe too many.. but i wasn't sure how easy it would be to get one up there. I'm scheduled another client, but she never shows up. its ok, I'm so tired anyway. london and i decide to have dinner together, glen is out of town. our walk home was nice, walking makes you notice and enjoy nature even more than biking. we took our time and stopped and smelled the roses… all the flowers. the road of obispo is like a secret garden, starts to make me think about mimi. the trumpet tree was one of my favorites as well. grocery shopping was nice, i realize that i need to slow down a bit and just take my time. everything is better that way. i just can't stay still very long unless i am creating. if I'm not creating… then I'm bored and antsy and can only use my brain to entertain me. so i sat in the kitchen and watched london cook. we listened to jazz and he showed me how to make an amazing meal. it was so delisous… cooking is really an art. we had a show of the meditarraen. cucumber, red onion, tomato salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegarette… parsley salad and chicken. the dipping sauce… olive oil and lemon was good… oh! and he made his own hummus… then we spent time talking after dinner with coffee and cookies. it was perfect really, and better than any date i could ever go on ever… i see now why i don't get to date.. because its horrible and awkward and just not my thing…of course every man wants to take me home, I'm slightly ridiculous. that is why he carefully places them in front of me… those moments you could never plan are the ones that… mean everything. 
we laughed about my childhood and grandmother. it was fun to tell him some of the stories… about how out of control i was as a kid, making up things to tell my sisters to get them in trouble, and how important mimi and papa were in my upbringing. i think that is the one major differences with my sisters and i. then we moved on to look at a desk that london offered to let me long-term borrow… an adorable sewing machine table from the 1960s. it is absolutely wonderful.. and charming. this will make a great sewing station and writing desk… all that i need for my space to become more complete. he offers me an antique single bed frame that is amazing… i just can't believe that i would sleep well in a bed like that… especially not with someone else. i think i'll keep my air matteras, i really like it actually. its easy to move around… i enjoy time in his laboratory.. but it needs to me redone before i can work in there. i understand controlled chaos… i just need more space. taking this desk away will help. then we spent time siting on the couch looking at ali's wedding photos… they are so beautiful, and odd. she captured an era that is long gone, long past… and i see now that the beauty is over… but she has it forever in her wedding photos. i was thankful to be a part of it and londons beautiful head pieces made the shoot so authentic. it was nice to take the time to just sit and look, loraine sat in-between us… it was cute, reminded me of ashton and marley… it was just a day of the past huh. 
i biked home quickly, i could feel the achey bones… it was hard to pedal fast… but since it was so late and quiet and dark… i tried to get home as fast as i could. the day wore me out… it was a good one. i fell asleep listening to jazz and reading a blog about what it takes to become a doctor. 

the one remark i forgot to comment on… london brought up the fact that he was jealous in how quickly i have excelled here… i already had my work in a short fim, i've done photoshoots in la and wedding shoots…  but it just confirmed that i was going to succeed. he wanted to know if i wanted to "share the burden". i suppose so…i definitely can't do any of it alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment