sixty.six.


this morning i slept easily through my alarms. once i finally fell asleep the time to wake up came too quick. i know that my dreams were colorful, i just can't seem to understand my feelings. i am sick and tired and struggling with moving fast. instead i move steadily and pace myself to get to work as close to on time as possible. this cold is making me anxious, as i sit around and dream about what it is like not being sick. to help the day i have "apple cider" which is really hennessy honey whiskey and i add it to my hot tea all day. a concoction of honey and lemon and cinnamon. this is to cut the cold, make me feel better… help me to be able to be at work. i guess those guys knew what it took to be at the "office" for over twelve hours. i can currently only handle nine hours, ten if I'm working most of them. then the time just flies. i spend some time reading, its quiet. i have time to discuss the usual with london, laughing about how i was in his dream… with a face of disgust after seeing one of his dresses… that he made for me. i guess my face really does say it all. my first client today, shea, was a repeat. i had done her color awhile back and really connected with her. she is a mother of a two year old, with a husband who is going to be a doctor… trying to make it out here alone in california. i am excited to have her as a client… as we are familiar and discuss her nursing scarfs. she sees my website and is curious, i've always had an eye for designing web pages. it so bizarre to me how this translates from childhood to adulthood. design has always been a dream of mine, she invited me to go pick out fabrics, which sounds like so much fun to me. i get amped for her excitement, her hair cut turns out ok, but my mind is very distracted these days and i'll begin to notice in my work. I'm just all over the place, trying to put my finger on what I'm actually in love with.
the rest of the day passes well, i have the chance to catch up with a few friends and i get to spend time showing london and shannon my website. i am very proud of it, i think it turned out nice. but how do i top something like that? I'm tired and bored now. this is how it goes, in cycles. I'm already bored with the product. does that mean i have to re-invent again?

my afternoon client was stunning. ashley moved here eight months ago from arizona… she is a forest creature, that lives in the trees as london would describe her. she has a very "mermaid" look… which i am very familiar with. it is her birthday today… she came to get her hair styled for a date with her boyfriend. i am intrigued with her, i would like to know more. the beauty of my job is that i get to meet anyone… another walk in, nancy… she was cool to meet. an art event coordinator.. its going to take time but i am going to figure my way about this city. nancy said i was quite the "renaissance woman". huh, never had it put that way before. i stayed around and cleaned up… the sunset didn't amaze me, i was tired and ready to leave. ali had me over for dinner and i helped her order stella & dot jewelry for her photoshoot next weekend. the following days are going to be good.. i just need to take my own advice and commit to california. like really? i live in LA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment