one.hundred.thirty.seven.

My dreams reflected my anxieties as  I dreamed that I had to move to another place. I don't remember much, just the essence of what was happening. The wood paneling.. Just like Michelle's house, was the room I would be moving into.. Strange. I was apprehensive about the move and I could see the old world college campus that I used to enjoy seeing. 

I was able to get enough sleep last night.. Which was I was thankful for... And has made it easier to get up and be on time for work. My routine 


I have broken the routine, now I'm struggling with getting things
Done. I keep putting them off.. As I am bored now and can see that this may be unimportant. But it is indeed not... And I need to keep writing. 
Ever since I could see the light that is my home approaching, I have managed to be too excited... Drink too much and even act, crazy.
The morning at the salon started first thing and reminded me of my "wedding stylist" days on the Outer Banks. The girls show up with their long hair soaking wet, and clean. Honestly this is just terrible, and whoever advised them that this was a good idea... Goodness. I could tell the girl was lying when she started to stutter and said that the girl on the phone told her to have it "down". Since when does... Down.... Imply that you have it soaking wet. So this is how we start their wedding updos. The two girl's younger sister is getting married today at a golf course nearby. They became somewhat interested in conversation, but with most wedding parties, they are pre-occupied in the chaos of the day. It took me while to dry and curl the hair, it was frizzy and flat and I couldn't  really get it to behave, but all of my years at Divas prepared me for this moment. I can whip out an updo in under an hour.. And most of the women are satisfied with the outcome. It's a way that you have to talk with them to coax them into being happy with something that they really didn't want anyway. The style they chose was one that doesn't flatter anyone, it is not natural to have all of your hair piled to just one side, it doesn't photograph well... It's just not good. They all had to have the same style, off to the side. I have done this look so many times that it becomes repetitive and I don't flinch, but get the work done. The younger cousin shows up with her make.up done from another place... It's looked good but it was very heavy. I suppose that it was the beginning of the problem. By the time we were finishing up.. London's client was unhappy and about to have a melt down in the chair. She claimed to be really "picky" and didn't like anything about the way she looked.. Then make.up became another issue. One of the other girls at the salon did my first clients make.up.. Which she hated. The middle sister (mrs.picky) was freaking out on the make.up artist.. When the reality of it all... Was that they wanted to look younger, more like the cousin (who was naturally stunning and young)... And their baby sister was getting married, which created another complex. I was completely exhausted and it was barley one o'clock. I was able to have a minute outside to recap the following day before my next client. Come to find out she was from the same party and did not show up for her appointment. This frustrated me.. As I turned down a haircut thinking I wouldn't have time before her. 
I spent the remainder of the afternoon talking with london, it seemed it would be a quiet evening.. Then the phones started ringing. I was scheduled a haircut with a curly haired client. She sounded young on the phone and that the appointment my be difficult, but I needed to do it.. I could use the money. 
She walked in with an insane fro of curls, the tight kinky type. My stomach dropped and I became nervous, but im hoping that it didn't show on my face. 
She was a beautiful girl that came with her mother, they both seemed apprehensive about my ability to do "this" kind of hair.. And I had to pretend like I dealt with it all the time.  She shows me a few photos of the style she desired, all of them of this stunning girl with a type of faux hawk. I section everything out and began to cut.. She lost a lot of hair, but really it wasn't doing anything for her. After an hour of cutting and london coming upstairs to ease the tension, they still didn't see that I was going to be able to accomplish the style.. We washed her and styled her, it looked great. I was really amazed in myself that i was able to accomplish that look. I should've taken pictures.. As always.. But it doesn't come natural to me to take their picture. I feel like I am invading their space.. And taking away from the ease and happiness they feel after the haircut. So I let my art walk out the door.. Uncaptured, yet again.
This was the end of the day and I was excited to get out of the salon just after seven. Ali and I had made plans to go out to a music festival in downtown long beach. By the time we arrived it was getting dark and the street was crowded. It was cool though.. A DJ was playing while we got a beer and waited in line for a vegetarirean food truck. The selection sounded amazing. It was nice to talk with Ali, we have so much to catch up on. Funny how you can be friends for years and still have things to talk about. She had watched a documentary about gmo's and how deadly they are to our society. They are causing cancer and disease.. As our bodies can no longer function properly. Society has turned lazy and and disguising... Look around. No one has a purpose anymore. This topic always gets me going, we talk about how we will make a change. How will we? Changing ourselves, leading by example and educating the public. It all links back to greed and money anyhow... 
The bands start to play as we finish up our amazing food. The kale salad was stellar and I'm in love with beer battered avocado tacos. The first band is good, a southern country style sound.. Then the head liner Matt Costa comes on. He is a local and they are very excited to have him play announced the event coordinators. An older gentlemen from fingerprints.. Who I wish to meet some day. I was in love at first sight we he showed up on stage all skinny and awkward in his jean on jean outfit. He sat down at the piano with his harmonica and played a song.. "Mr.pitiful" that I recognized as main stream. He played a few more, moving around stage to play several different instruments... One in particular being this most beautiful teal guitar. I was so mesmerized by the color.. And his easy style that I became excited. I began texting niya and jordan about the plans for later, we were all going to meet at the prospector to see another band. Our cab ride to the venue was amusing. It was an Indian guy blaring his music, he has no desire in speaking to us.. The volume was awkward and I was glad Ali filmed it, secretly. We arrived there and it was crowded, we had to play a cover and could hardly move to get a drink. The place was packed with people that looked miserable to be there. Everyone was annoyed, but I suppose it matched the music genre. The band was a weezer cover band... That was not good. I was turned off by the key and tones and the annoyed crowd. We left shortly after finishing a drink.. A seven and seven that I drank too fast. 
We took a cab to a dive bar on fourth, the pike.. Which I had heard that I needed to visit. We walked in and immediately I felt a sense of comfort... It's my west coast version of lucky 12s... The walls I remember to be painted a teal green and the halfway to the bathroom was painted with a big pbr mural. Ironic. The DJ was good... He got me when he started to play funky disco music. I was in love. I guess you could say I was on a bit of a mission... To make.out with a boy. I saw a few with good curly hair, they looked like my typical beach boys... I managed to start talking to one in particular named alex. He complimented my hair and I told him I was leaving and going to another bar down the street. By the time I had said my farewell and walked to the otherside to get niya and Ali... They had ordered Long Island ice teas.. Which are not tea at all... But a blackout poison. We laughed and said our "goodbyes" and then took a shot of vodka. The night proceeded to be fun... From what I remember anyway. I danced around like a little child, it was all rushing out of me like water.. Like a dam that broke, flowing water of nonsense all about the place. I'm sure I was a sight to see too.. With my long hair flailing about with the rythym.. Dancing with this boy and making out with him in public. Ali told niya that I needed to be watched... Niya said to let me be... Then I disappeared.

I don't remember the decision to leave, which worries me that I get to this.. Point where I am in and out of consciousness, but I always seem to function well out of sorts. I convinced him that we should walk back to my place, which isn't that far.. But I remember my feet hurting. We showed up to my place and met daniel in the kitchen. Then we walked into my room... Which currently has no bed in it, which had to be weird for him. I'm not sure how I explained any of it.. He commented on my blue fur coat, I put it on and danced around to who knows what.. He took a picture of me dancing, I'm hoping that it is not clear. But even if it is... I'm in a blue fur coat with insane hair... It's pretty innocent. Who knows.. I never will know. I remember getting into more "adult fun" and then going to sleep. I never remember the falling into sleep part... 

No comments:

Post a Comment