one.hundred.thirty.two.


i keep putting things off because i suppose time is moving faster now that there is a lot to do. i keep trying to write but instead i start thinking and before you know it…I'm staring off into space, just thinking about all i have do…what i have to do… and then where that will get me (see, i did it again. the songs over and over and over again. i dance around, I'm so excited. I'm so ready for all of this. its going to be a lot of fun. my new life as a business meeting. all in the name of fashion.art.music) i just have so much to do and learn.

monday monday is the new friday. i like ending my week this way, I'm always busy on monday. its good, i've been booked. i had a client first things, matt. he was a character that i wasn't sure of at first. sometimes people do not look like how they appear, he reminded me of clay mchpherson. this was a compliment in a way.. he had grown out hair from traumatized experiences around long beach. seems the only style for a guy is the really tight shaved look. i don't even know how to do that style. we hit it off after he joked that he was the music editor for the great gatsby… after i had just finished ranting about how the music needed to be better… different, original. funny… i laughed.. and we had good conversation. I'm not sure if he liked his style… but we'll know if he decides to come back. i think i will do well with men, forever as my clients. he is from chicago, i like his old world manner.
i was able to sit outside in the morning and write, which was really good to catch up. the sun is warm and feels good on my feet. trish lets me know that i got a walk in color. i was excited about this… and was glad i still had time to eat and get situated. she was a nice girl, but she looked much older than she actually was. i guess that is from being outside? or stressed. she is a nurse at the local hospital, but you can tell that she wanted more. her color turned out nice, not exactly what i was going for… but I'm getting there. it will take more time to perfect my color skills, but here i am again working at a salon that is out of colors that i need. frustrating.
i talked about music some to her, just a little bit. i find that talking about myself is the only thing i know… so its how the conversation turns. so that is how it naturally is i suppose. 
i have time after to take a nap on the porch, it is sunny and i let it hit my back for an hour. london came outside and hugged me. I'm not sure why, he did it quickly and i was half asleep… then summer came out to let me know that my afternoon appointment was there. i like him, he is a good guy. we connected last time with asheville and the critters. i like his personality, and he has a cool job where he designs lighting for building, salons etc. cost effective lighting options. he told me about this concept salon in san francisco where each salon has its own glass cubicle where you rented out sections. seems like a really cool idea if i could find a place like that near here, possibly in downtown LA? its a thought. this sparks the thought that maybe i should be in the city more, the out skirts are comfortable to me now… funny how that happens. but it is only comfortable because of my situation. in a few months the time will… change.
my last appointment is a new client who is friends with summer. i like his enthusiasm. he is going to school in indiana, excited kid. i shared some stories with him about my travels across the country, about how much i learned…experienced. 

i met him out in the patio area behind the bar. i really like this spot, its quiet and the weather is pretty so.. its always nice to just sit outside. i had some soup that i was disappointed in. it had too much salt and now that i am not eating much salt, it was hard to adjust to.
jeremy had a nice fitting red shirt and dressed in a way that was very european. he had a leather bag that i liked seeing the raw made… 
he was different than i remembered from the first time, but either way i still liked him. i was thankful that i arrived first and could meet him this way. i think our conversation was intense from the first moment. i wish i could remember all of it, but i told him almost immediately… that i wanted to change the music industry. i like to set my goals high that way if i don't reach them… its seems they were too ridiculous anyway. that makes me feel better. we talk a lot about music, he shows me a video of grizzly bear take away show in a small bathroom, i laugh about these in my thoughts, reminds me of alex and our endless days of watching video after video… the afternoons would quickly disappear. soon we begin to talk about the journal, decide the color…size and feel of the book. i decided to let him design harry a journal too… one that is black and white, like a crazy dr. seuss…. "its not easy with rockstars" he says towards the end of the night, we laugh. i show him a video of the boys… harry is dressed insane, which will make him remember it. i really enjoyed jeremys company, like truly i did. he could become a mentor of sorts. 
he is older than i last remembered, but its funny here in california… everyone looks different every time you see them. thats how time passes. he has a scar that i noticed this time, on his right side just below his ear. i thought to ask him about it,but that is for another time. i ask him about his career, which seems interesting. he is a part of the freedom writers organization that gets education to teachers that help at risk children. there was a movie made about his friend that he works for, maybe her name is emily? the freedom writers diary is also something that came from the process. he was a teacher for awhile and has lived all over the midwest and france. he does the grant writing process for the teachers education, but he was excited about his place just around the corner. now he has a studio to work on his leather…its not a quiet hobby. i like his humor, it was witty, funny and quiet. he mentioned that he was in a band for awhile, with a girlfriend of his… he has stories. 
now i have a customized leather book for my thoughts. this book will coincide nicely with my upcoming year. that will no doubt be a mess of more blood and tears for the fight of LA will continue. more on all of this later…

No comments:

Post a Comment