one.hundred.thirty.six.


Knowing that I have a 10am client gets me up earlier. I am bored with my clothes and just throw something on. The mornings are never sunny anymore, but covered with clouds. The grayness and repeat invests that my life has come to... I even continue listening to the same songs... Over and over. I'm over this, I'm over the wake up work, eat, sleep routine. My body aches and I try not to think of the pain, but all I want is sleep. 
My first client is lovely every time. She has been coming to me for months now and each time her hair turns out nice. She is graduating and this may be the last time I see her, she is moving to San Jose in the fall for a job. 
Liz scheduled with me today as well.. She is a new client and I have a good feeling about her. She walks through the door and is excited about just getting off her long board. Her hair is a mess and overgrown, it has been months since she has had it done. She shows me a few pictures and we discuss colors for awhile. I could tell she was a hyper one and the scrolling photos immediately distracted her. Once I returned from mixing color.. She brought up the photos.. "Not everyone is an artist. There are so many young people in LA that believe they are part of this scene.. When really this are just hipsters". There is truth in that. 'Hipsters' are those that like to hang out with the artist.. Musicians etc. but they are not talented. She felt very strong in her opinion and I respected that. In my head I was wondering what category I fell into...she also made the point that if you are an artist...you just show up. And then peolple see it in you. I must be that type. I enjoyed her company and getting know her. I learned things about myself through her appointment. She was pleased with the outcome, I wish it would've turned out differently... And then she invited me to come have a drink with her and her brother at the bar next door. I considered it..but shannon asked me to help her with her color so I stayed at the salon. We put a purple toner in.. Which turned out to be a surprise of dark purple roots... But it looked good. Sometimes accidents turn out good. We'll call it reverse ombré, it's the newest trend. We spend some time talking while I curl her hair and I come up with the idea that she should blog about her crazy dating experiences.. Something along the lines of "gentlemen are extinct". It would be a comical display of the real life issue of guys of our generation that haven't a clue how to treat women. 
I am thankful that Jeanette offers to work on my shoulders for a bit. They hurt so bad and the pain makes me feel like I'm going to be sick. It's like all the weight from the stress of being here is caught up in my lower neck. My arms are swollen and tight... The spider web of muscular tension has become unreasonable... It hurts while she works but I know that it will pay off in the long run. After an hour of moving toxins out.. I feel nauseous and I notice that my makeup is a mess. I spend some time cleaning up and then some time on Pinterest looking at insane photos. I'm not sure if this is making the matter worse.. Or inspiring me, but I search toxic photos.. Labeling the board "toxicity" and stumble onto a short paragraph about our American toxic culture. The sex that is being sold.. How we have taken things that don't belong to us and made an industry out of it.. Selling it to others. This opens my eyes and I see a reason to put a stop to it.. But how? 
I text with niya and we decide on the plans for the night.. I complain about feeling lame and being hungry... The same time Ali is texting me the same thing. She shows up looking just wonderful in her insane heels.. With tacos. We escape to the porch so I can scarf them down before my next hair cut appointment. I am so thankful for her right now.. As she reassures me that things will be ok and we should venture into LA to hear a DJ that she met at the clothes store. I tell her how ugly I feel.. And that I'm struggling.. She can see it in my expression and says its just sexual frustration. She is right. I have so much pent up anger and passion that needs to be... Released. I need to make out with a boy that I like, and soon.
My next hair cut is a nice guy from the east coast.. He is a physical therapist in Orange County.. He works with golfers. I ended his story and our quick time together. I got his haircut done fast.. I was ready to leave. 
It was almost eight thirty by the time I was free... Biked home in the dark and then decided to cancel going to LA. I know that it would've been fun, but I was in no mood to even get ready. It seemed like such a hassle to get there... I knew I had a wedding party in the morning, I couldn't risk being late. I stared off into space a lot, just thinking.. Getting. Nothing done. I tried to write.. Couldn't. So I took a shower and painted my nails. I laid on ice to help ease the swelling in my shoulders.. And fell asleep. I had so many ideas and thoughts racing around that they wouldn't settle and I was so frustrated that I couldn't harness them creativity. I am officially burned out and ready to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment