forty.one.


so this day was slow. i had trouble waking up again, sleeping until nine, moving around. the darkness… but i get ready quick, wearing volcom, toms and american apparel honorable… johnny cash, oakland… just to name a few accessories. my ride to work is great, tupper released the ichymane stuff late last night i listened to it. and this morning it was the perfect soundtrack to get to work, the consistency of the soulful music. hearing the familiar voices is exactly what i am so excited about. i want people to hear them, so they did today. that is exactly what happened. i let summer listen, it was cool to hear them in the speakers (i can't seem to write fast enough, i stop to breathe awhile). i like this "it's something different." i heard this twice today. from a range of people… it's perfect music for cutting hair. its a positive movement that can be enhanced… the critters anyway. i just had a flash of the music being too vulgar, i hope not that many people listened to the vulgar stuff… but its what is happening now. so that is that. 
once london left, it was hard to be entertained. he is the reason i wanted to work there… i think i mentioned that. i listen to so much music, i love that about my life. but i was rather bored, i wanted to be doing something, but it was nice to sit still and take it all in. i used pintrest and just looked at a crazy amount of things. it was good alone time, and drank sangria all day. it was a lovely monday… boring. but oh so wonderful. i had a good client today, she has adorable curly hair and plenty of tattoos. she was quiet, i was too… i regret my lunch, cheese bread and avavcado… machi tea with almond milk i think is what upset my stomach, that or just a mix of all the unhealthiness. this country is so fucked. 
i felt that way a lot of the day, a little drained and tired, very introverted. i just want things to be better, everything needs to be more… exciting. more creative and more, feelings. sparking the flame is just the beginning. its going to be work, but all the signs came to me. if i want all that i do, i know what i want… 
so the next few months i must not buy more than $150 in clothes and i must work harder, go out one night and hand out several cards. walk around and talk more… cards cards CARDS! and i need to do another photoshoot… stella & dot parties? this one came about today as well, i think that might be something that i could benefit from, and it will introduce me to beautiful women that need their hair done. it will also help people meet… salesperson. ian said today that i was a lot more extroverted than they got from the interview. i like that i come acrosss a bit shy and quiet. but I'm far from this… I'm just over work and feel bad that i left without doing dori's hair… i had promised. but i had made plans with ali, and i wanted to ride my bike home in the light of sunset. the time change is going to be good for work. I'm going to have to pick what shifts that i will be working. its all going to work out just fine. the increase in funds and hairstyles is exactly what i need right now, then i can work on the traveling part. the making money without having to always be hands on in hair. ali and i had a grocery store date, we waited for ian but he got off late… he was bummed, he wanted to go. he's a good guy… just drives me a little crazy. our shopping adventure was good… i could've spent less, but i bought smart things, i'll go to the farmer's market tomorrow. i have to mix up the routine. i like spending time with her, she grounds me.. and helps me be here. without her i couldn't have done this so easily… smooth. we listen to the madness of ichymane and ian likes it a bit.. then i bike home after tea. its a nice night for a bike ride. i get home to the smell of wonderful food, i love it when oliver and andrew cook. it works out perfect the timing usually of us being home… i'm hardly ever here. they feed me a wonderful cauliflower and curry lentil soup that is very good. i am thankful for this and probably eat a bit too much, but i am very hungry. this is all a blessing that they help and feed me so much. i love my four boyfriends. the day is perfectly fine in that it is a bit inactive. then i hang up my fairy pictures, they are  dark and mysterious… strange and crazy all at the same time. ecsaty and seduction. that is what describes a woman… every female deserves that. i believe that. i hear his voice all day.. i get a message from harry. i stop and don't believe this at first.. it is suddenly a much  better day. i needed this, i have a bit more drive now. thank you.

hey gerrrl. I'm just giving you a shout to keep in touch. I don't want you to think I'm not getting your letters. I keep trying to write a good one but I want it to be fun and creative like you've been doing. I've really enjoyed reading them over the past few months. You have quite a knack for the surreal and existential in describing your experiences. Very psychedelic. It sounds as if you have a good grip on when the feeling of momentum builds up in life, which can be very exciting, but if it's anything like what I am talking about, it can also be frusterating because you feel like everything's moving too slow- you know what I mean? Anyway, it seems the fellow who keeps promising to hook the critters up out there keeps flaking out. I can't tell if he's just a busy man or simply unresourceful. The latter seems to be far more common in this "business" (please note quotations). I really shouldn't have expected to be able to depend on that kind of thing anyway. I digress. From the looks of your groovy facebook pictures you seem to be having a lot of fun out there and I hope you are indeed having a blast. Just try not to accidently slice open the necks of all the hunky actors like you did that one poor devil. Well... I'm not going to ramble... but i've already begun... I've done a little writing myself in the past so I really do appreciate a good heartfelt letter. Specially with the visual effects you incorporate. I usually only recieve bills and hate mail from debt collectors. At any rate... just letting you know i'm not frozen to death on the train tracks! Keep up the good work soul sister. And tell michelle to make some more damn critter videos. Or rather, ask her politely. Or you can tell her the first one and then say that I asked politely.

Yours Truly,
The: Harry Harrison
-Extraordinaire-

No comments:

Post a Comment