thirty.seven.


my first day back to work, it was easier to wake up. the cloudy morning seemed like it would be cold, but it felt like a spring. i was very eager to get to work and see the changes, the bike ride was nice. it went by fast and i think i saw a movie being shot, either that or it was a crazy murder investigation scene. i was greeted by london at the door. the morning routine is something of the same, but completely different. i have decided that i did miss it. i want to be here for awhile, slowly working towards exposure and clarity. i have a sense of calm still… the day is nice, a bit slow. one repeat client and another will most likely return. I'm trying to slow down and get to know my clients, it's important that i slow down and enjoy this. I kept waiting for something to be negative, but i am thankful that it was a good day. i like being beside dori, i like being near london, tucked away in the corner. out of the sight of the "fish bowl". 
there is a lot to be learned while spending time at the loft, i can read and learn, look up trends, study fashion… i need this time to expand and learn. during my walk to find food i stumbled upon an art gallery that teaches classes, i think i want to look into that… i end up eating too much and getting sleepy. i studied how to publish a book.. fur coats…  i was inspired all day. the day went smoothly… thank god. i was too tired and exhausted from anything else.
the red velet cake made my empty stomach hurt… i came home to see  my roommates, who were cooking dinner. this is what i needed, a good meal of veggies. eventuallly i will have mastered the life that i lead. i chatted with ali on my bike ride home, we decided to go for a run. it was a beautiful breezy night. the storm clouds 
next morning.
Falling asleep stops me from a lot of things. All the interaction and senses were maxed.. It gave me lots of creative energy... I was tired. Sleeping again another night holding my lap top. She's a consistent bed partner. My bike ride home from work was nice, the wind had died down and I chatted with Ali.. I felt like going for a run, she's down for that. When I got home the roomies fed me, which was exactly what I needed. A good running meal. Night running ins nice, it blocks some of the distraction, it's easy on the eyes and so much quieter. "You were going fast". I always feel like I'm in a hurry. Just a quick run, mile and a half. The cool breeze was refreshing and I was trying to focus on staying stable. I lost feeling in my legs.. They felt like air. 
The beauty of living with a house full of artist... You never know what will happen. Tonight andrew had a friend over and they were designing the costumes for a theater show. I walked in the right moment, alittle curiosity and some video clips.. I remember the bar well. The hound dogs and all of their late night shenanigans. The dancing, the scandal. This gave me such a sense of comfort, I've already experienced that life. I have been a part of that ballet production. I knew the exact wardrobe. A wave of inspiration flooded me and I pulled out my paints. I had an idea for fuller's new summer style, now I just have to get to her... "Big hair don't care." 
I started on some watercolor sketches, trying not to focus too much to detail, hurrying along. The loose waterweed paint moved as fast as my thoughts.. The outcomes were two abstract silhouettes that compliments my mood.. To reinvent womens' view on the world, through well thought-out fashion.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment