twenty.five.


I only was able to sleep for about two hours, I set my alarm for 250am, my taxi was coming at 330 am. It was still and quiet by this time, the roomies only had been asleep about an hour. I was full of some sort of energy, for once getting out of bed was easy. I gathered my things, put on my hat and scarf.. Off I go to the east coast. The first person I talk to is an other woman who is visiting long beach. She wants to move there once her husband retires from the navy. She lives in Virginia beach now... The airport is somewhat quiet. Still a lot of people for 420am. The lines move along and before I knew it we had boarded, with the sunrise I headed to Denver.  I got confused and couldn't find my luggage.... So I stood and talked to another woman for awhile about living in la. She was a beautiful black woman, fifty two... A personal trainer.. And was in Colorado to go skiing with her girlfriends. Her beauty has encouraged me to make la just a part of my life.  This is what im doing. "Tehra!" Michelle had my luggage, just when I thought it didn't make it.  Thank goodness she saved me there. We walked outside and the clear white beauty took my breath away. It was such a cold and bright scene, my eyes took awhile to adjust.. And we were on our way home. Seeing the snow covered mountains, they were familiar yet so bizarre. We had only passed this way twelve weeks ago.. Somehow time plays tricks and it seemed like forever ago.. But at the same time, like we had just taken a nap and woken ourselves.. Still driving across the country. The adventure that last an entire lifetime. The windmills in the snow.. The sunset, the almost full moon rising. These are all images that will last me forever, because photos will never explain. I wanted one standing in the flat snow fields... But the moment never arose. Catching up with shell was nice, right where we left off.. I'm so very thankful for our friendship. We have gotten along very well for the insane journey we just went on. Life calls you to take challenges and be alone sometimes, I'm just glad that she forgave me for having to part ways with her... Mind you my timing was terrible. That is kinda who I am.. I try not to make a mess.. Then I destroy everything. So we conquer hours and hours today. Only stopping to get hot water for tea... And to stretch. Our time in the car together is always nice. We have the same excitement for music and talking about the past and future. I'm not even sure how to explain our connection... The anticipation of getting to the beach is making me wild in my skin.. I feel like we could get there tonight, but that is nonsense. Humans need sleep... We have three more hours until we stop. The moonlit snow covered fields gives me hope in god. He is leading me to a beautiful place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment