ninety.six.


the dreary morning keeps me laying in a bit longer than i needed… the wind made my bike ride more difficult. i switched the soundtrack, that made it better. a band call "queen of hearts" was first… that is appropriate.
once at work the whirlwind proceeded. i was so thankful to have something on my books. karen was coming in to get her extensions, which would be my first official client getting this service. i did a good job at matching the color perfectly and even the measurements i was able to judge well. i spent a lot of time with her and made sure that i did the sectioning and sewing neatly. i love sewing and piecing together the "fabric". the finished product was wonderful, once again… i should've taken a picture. oh well, usually just the joy of the client and the self reassurance that i can do the job… is enough for me. i don't need a record.
my next client was micheal.. a quickly tall blonde guy that reminded me of allen. his hair turned well and i really enjoyed his company. he is a photographer and his girlfriend "tara" is a classical singer. we hit it off well and shared stories about photos and traveling across the country. he asked me if i did hair and make.up for print work and that he needed a stylist. i would love to work with him…
the rest of the day was slow and quiet. i suppose that the "holiday" cinco de mayo" may have had something to do with it. there were a lot of people out and about on broadway. i was ready to leave long before seven… i watched a few you tube videos on how to make maxi skirts, which i need to be doing immediately. they are so in style and i have access to all the right people and things… i just need the materials and the practice. 
i think that i would enjoy my evenings even more if i could come home to make projects like… clothes.
it is the only thing that will prevent me from shopping really. how do you kill a shopping addiction? you make clothes.

we sat around and watched the clock… laughing and watching susie color, cut and dry shannon's hair. it was funny to talk about how horrible kids were in high school… the mean nick names and how you got along with others. thinking back, i guess i got along with everyone. they liked me…i was smart and had huge boobs so the guys liked me. i was sporty and got along somewhat well with the girls. they were probably more jealous of me than i realize, but i was just busy and clueless to take notice.
i came home and wasn't that hungry.. wandered around the house, watched some interesting things on ted talks for about an hour… chatted with daniel and then went in my room to create something. i painted on a cork board that i will use soon to dislapy patterns and affirmations about mathat creations. this is the company that i need to focus on. maybe getting a business license first and then… a trademark on the name? i wish i knew more about this… i will have to study it some, quickly though. i feel urgency in everything that i do now. like someone may just pull the rug from under my feet.
i painted my nails… wrote a poem about my california king at home. i started to remember that house and all the fun times i had with all the boys… all the girls… it was just a golden time in my life. but as i was reminded with daniel the other night, i already had that time. i don't necessarily want it again, i will always have it in my mind, it happened… but now i have to move on. i had the most beautiful boys on the island in the kitchen for haircuts. alex, sterling, dana, harry… tupper. i had lovely ones to kiss on the red couch… joey and dave…. josh. it was all too much. all these boys were major distractions for me, but they were also the motivation to keep going. i knew that if these beautiful creatures were part of my art…. then only better or "just as good" was to come. that house will hold these treasures forever and ever. every time i go "home" to see my parents, i will remember those treasures. and laugh a little inside knowing that it was and is our time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment