one.hundred.eleven.


knowing that this day was like my friday for my work week made getting up a little easier. it also helped that i had a new shirt to wear. i went to bed without washing my hair again… i was just too tired, so i had to wear it piled ontop of my head. this is fine because i knew that it was going to be a sweaty day. the green and black striped shirt was nice… the sleeves are cut out to expose my purple cami bra and volcom orange cords, add a contrasting color. the morning is quiet and slow and i return sklyers text about fitting her in for her hair appointment this afternoon. its only trish and i for most of the morning and i spend sometime out on the porch first thing to decompress from all the chaos in my mind. sarah had given me a book "letters to a young poet" to read. it was nice because i knew that this is something that i needed to read..i underlined a lot already in the first few pages with red ink and i felt like he was speaking to me. trish startled me with a few appointments and since it caught me off guard i was a little annoyed. the first men's haircut was already there and he was a client of london's. a very nice man who was getting ready to leave for a business trip to china. i enjoyed him as a client but I'm pretty sure that he will like his haircuts still with london. my next client was a relief, she reminded me of someone that i've met before. she was going to a rolling stones concert later in the evening and needed to get a hairstyle. she had a beautiful thick head of hair that i curled and twisted up to have some more texture and weird twist to look natural. it was really cool because she was married to a "big wig" in the music industry who is friends with mick from the rolling stones. i regret not having my slide show hooked up.. and scrolling but she was self occupied and i didnt want to annoy her with asking a bunch of questions. the hope is that she would of enjoyed her time with me and will return… establish a relationship and then see where it goes..i have some things to learn. 
the rest of my day was filled with good cients that i've had before who both texted me for their appointments. these girls mean a lot to me, especially skyler. something about her energy calms and excites me. she see things very similar to me… and i can see our futures colliding a lot. she talks of house parties, her boyfriend is in a rock band… the one that i took lindsey and april to see while they were here. we dreamed about her coming to the outer banks to do some recording. wouldn't that be a fun trip. she gave me a green and black mummy hand clip that she bought for me. it was so nice of a gesture… and the fact that a dead green hand hair clip reminded her of me… that's pretty awesome. i clipped it in and it matched my outfit perfectly. we straitened her hair and she was off …. she has a photoshoot the next day. it will be cool to see those pictures. its all for a promo that she is doing on kickstarter to start earning money for her tour.
the last client was really amazing as well. i see the potential in this girl… her eyes are stunning and so is her soul. the outside appearance just doesn't match and i hope that one day she will feel better about herself in order to take care of her body. we did a really cool color pattern on her hair, teals and blues…also i gave her the cut that susie just got.. and my sister last summer. the drop aline is coming back… but a longer version that leaves pieces to sway at the collarbone. i talked to her about my "mission" and she was really excited to her about it. it was nice to have that bit of support.
alex texted me at the perfect time, with his usual perfect words. 
i would to replay all of them… but its better left unsaid. he is always on my mind and perhaps i am on his just as much… but he wants me home, along with a lot of other people. but i know that it would be selfish to leave LA. its not time yet, or else i wouldn't be this comfortable. the fact that i have loving support at home makes all the difference. 
i came home and was thankful to have dinner and watch the news with daniel and ian. the chicken was really good and just sitting and watching the news for the first time in california was strange. hearing the weather channel and not really knowing where i am… all of it is still so foreign. but this day makes the six months since i arrived into town. a lot has changed. 
the night was nice…i took an instagram picture of liberty and lennon… the picture that i acquired from ali. it was just going to go in the trash… she had spent a lot of time with it in her room in virginia as we were going up. now it is the only piece of artwork in my room. i just decided to put in on Facebook… its late but i like the photo and know that no one really pays attention to me anyway. 
my shower time was nice ... exfoliated with olive oil and sugar, colored my hair again with 10.7 in order to eventually achieve platinum streaks. shaved my legs and covered my clean body with coconut oil. then i checked my phone to play some music…or out of pure habit and noticed that harry was the only one who liked my photo. i guess someone is paying attention. i smiled so much it was silly and jumped up and down. funny how the smallest silliest things bring me bounds of joy. i spend some time trying to write but fall asleep with all the lights on… my hair is soaking wet still when i wake up to the birds chirping at five thirty. i'll just turn the lights off now and fall back asleep to the sunrise.  


No comments:

Post a Comment