one.hundred.fourteen.


In every successful revolution, the intellectuals are the people who hang onto the map of where we're going, and keep us from drifting off course when the chaos of change threatens to blow us into dangerous deeps. They know, better than anybody, how this new order goes together and what we'll need to do to build it.
Emma Goldman said: "If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." Our artists are the ones who make sure that we keep dancing, even when things are at their darkest. Without artists keeping them engaged in the grand story of their own quest, people lose focus and wander off. But with that encouragement, they'll dance bravely straight into the abyss, even if they know death is waiting for them there.
http://www.alternet.org/story/154968/6_people_you_need_to_start_a_revolution?page=0%2C1

i get the "unicorn discount". 
ali texted me at five am, "I'm on my way". i was so out of it that i got confused and then jumped out of bed to meet her outside. it only took a minute to get ready for yoga. it was a change of pace to go this early during the weekday and i enjoyed the sunrise and stillness. the class was hot and not that crowded. it was hard but consistent and i was able to pull off most of the moves… it was so nice to get soaked in sweat and stretch this early in the morning. class was over by seven and i went home, washed my face and fell back asleep for only an hour… 
i woke up and considered not going into work. it hadn't occurred to me that i could have an appointment. but i decided to literally drag myself out of bed and make it as close to 10am as possible. the day was nice, sunny… a little breezy, i regretted now wearing a beanie hat. i showed up and london was confused why i came in so late and said that my ten am cancelled her appointment about the time that i walked in the door. i guess that worked out perfectly. i spent the morning outside and just around the salon, it was slow and quiet. i talked to london about my situation and how i needed to get another job. this money issue is starting to wear me down and i am running out of options.  he said that he wasn't allowed to "play" with me anymore because i am the devil… really!? another boy tells me this… too many times. i actually get a little offended and come back with "the devil is an angel too". he claims that he is just kidding, but i beg to differ. 
niya brought me coffee and i was free so we decided to go for a walk, halfway through we decided to get pedicures and turned around to head the other direction. we went to a little shop that she visits often and know the vietinamase ladies. they are nice and i enjoyed my moment of down time to take care of my feet. i haven't done this in awhile, actually over a year. i think the last time was when we were getting our toes done for rachels wedding in april. 
we start to dicuss me helping her with the store and we agree on a few days that i can help out there. she has a little budget to pay me.. enough extra that i can get by and hopefully meet some girls. since the boutique is close to salon and i do most of the buying.. it will be good to get my footing in the fashion industry this way. 
i go back the salon and call ATT to try and negioate a lower phone bill. the conversation is such a success that i managed to lower my monthly bill and also get a credit that allows me to not pay next month. this is such a wonderful thing and i am thankful that i asked. i stayed on the porch for awhile and lounged and did an ab workout with a exercise tool that claudia brought to work. 
we all worked really late, til eight… and i had a lovely women's haircut with a girl named. sara. she dates a guy in a rock band that is local… her demeanor was calm and quiet, slightly mysterious soul. she had crazy thick hair lined with cool blue, green and purple streaks. i liked the placement and tried to give her a good haircut that she could work with. i made a connection with her and of course refereed to my "dream" world of my reality and harry's band. i told her a little about the travel… she seemed intrigued and invited me to a show next wednesday. her boyfriends band is call Dos Boyz, i would like to check them out.
i had a final mens haircut that went well, he was a nice soul from india and i hope that he liked his cut. very peculiar guy… civil engineer who came over here when he was only eighteen to go to school. 
i rode my bike home in the dark and was glad that ian texted me that i could have some dinner that he had made. oliver and andrew were having wine with their theatre friend from the Temple show. i let him know how much i enjoyed the performance… he is such a character. the way he talked about me… was adorable. "so… do you get the unicorn discount". funny you should ask… that is how my day went. andrew pulled out an old 1950s singer sewing machine and began to alter costumes. i realized that he could help me with my sewing if i could ever get that machine! i told him my dream of making maxi skirts and selling them at the boutique i now work at. 
i had a few glasses of wine and wrote a little. then fell asleep holding my laptop. i need to start turning off the light… or my sleep patterns will start to get all whacked out. i seem to not to be able to remember my dreams when the lights are on. i need some dreams soon… i love to run around and live in them, if only for a few hours a night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment